Apr 17, 2015

Being Empathic


There are many names for being ‘empathic’ or being an ‘empath’, but the most common name for this ability or skill is ‘clairsentient’  -  the ability to ‘sense clearly’.


Having ‘clairsentient’ or ‘empathic’ or ‘empath’ skills can be confusing and at times even confronting as you may feel overwhelmed by emotions that you KNOW are not your own.


When you possess an ability such as ‘clairsentience’ you may often possess others such as ‘clairvoyance’ (the ability to ‘see clearly’), ‘clairaudience’ (the ability to ‘hear clearly’), ‘claircogniance’ (‘clear thinking’, learning and knowing)  and others such as premonitionary skills, animal communication skills and/or you may have an extremely strong intuition and maybe even the ability to see, hear, connect and communicate with Spirit (eg ghosts, angels, spirit guides and passed over people on the ‘Other Side’)

Being empathic and other spiritual abilities are gifts to be cherished and used for the highest good of all.  It gives one the ability to ‘feel’ and understand life (and others) at a deeper level, as well as expand our own awareness and perceptions.

There are different kinds of empathic people, or empaths.  Some pick up on physical elements and feel physical aches, pains, symptoms and ailments.  Others feel other’s emotional pain and upheaval, as well as others’ joy and happiness.  An empath is able to feel the emotions or physical state of another person as if it was their own.


Empaths feel the need to help others just as strongly as the need to breathe and stay alive.  Many can sense atmospheric changes and disturbances, others can ‘feel’ animals, and yet others can feel electromagnet waves and energies.


Empaths (and highly sensitive people) must shield themselves from negative vibrations from others and the environment around them (eg shopping centres and crowds).


Empaths must also ground themselves in order to re-balance themselves.  This can be easily done by being in contact with nature, by utilizing crystals, and with the use of salt lamps and essential oils.


Being empathic also requires the ability to balance energies.The Chakras must remain clear, clean and free-flowing in order to function at their optimum.This can be done during meditation and spiritual healing as well as via other techniques.


Being empathic makes you a kind of beacon for those who are unable (or unwilling) to create their own energy, and instead, steal it from others. Empaths are most susceptible to this form of ‘attack’ as they are highly sensitive, spiritual beings. Some people are unaware that they drain the energy of others, whilst others are very aware and do it with purpose and for their own gain. People who drain others’ energies are those who constantly live with ongoing distressing moments and events and those who use fear, manipulation and a need for sympathy in order to attract attention and energy. They are generally very needy people with ongoing dramas who always lay the blame at someone else’s feet. They are the ‘drama queens’ of the world who always ‘need’ your help.


It is up to each individual empath to cut off communication with that person (or people) and restrict their personal energy, and seek protection.  Ask your angels or Higher Self (or Source) to cut the connection with that person (or people) and ask for healing, balance and strength. Learn to recognise the signs early and steer clear of them!


Part of our jobs as empaths (or being empathic) is to raise the energy and vibrational rate of our surrounding and others. This can be achieved through prayer, sending out healing, love and light, and by helping others and our planet.


*
Joanne Walmsley
Sacred Scribes

26 comments:

  1. Thank you for the post...just to add, my connection/sensitivity as an empath for sure has been ever-evolving and relates to connecting to all forms of energy/life forms. My undying purpose and passion is to help others heal and connect to their TRUE essence and TRUTH....just wish it was more accepted in society to be an EMPATH. :) Love & Light

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love you response 👼🏽

      Delete
    2. I understand that complete. I am an Emapth also and just recently realized it in the last 6 years. I've struggled so much, especilly with anger, rage, and all the other low vibrations, dark, negative energies and energy vampires! When my psyhic abilities and everything else I ignored or hid since I was child came back, they came back FULL FORCE. It's very hard for me to be around others, period. I kept to myself most of the time because of all the energies I feel 24/7. I'm still struggling, but it's getting so much better. I wish you infinite love, light, peace and fun with your journey. Namaste

      Delete
    3. You just told my exact SAME story, Oh Wow 😳

      Delete
    4. I'm right there with you both. I've always known I had this ability but never knew the name. I can also see things too, I've had these gifts since childhood. But was gaslight Ata very young age by certain family members that I was lying and there's no such thing as "ghosts". And was also told I was lying when I "felt"things whenever I entered a room or a home. Asking questions was very frowned upon back then. So, being in my 40's I'm rediscovering my gifts and am quite proud of who I am. I just need to find my group now :) well, gifted family ❤️so I can learn more from others.

      Delete
  2. I’ve known for a long time that I could communicate with/feel the energy of animals. It used to be just animals that had crossed over. With animals it’s a little bit tricky because they don’t speak our language until they pass and then I can hear their thoughts with the voices my mind gives them. I used to think I was making it up because I needed to know they were still with me in spirit. I was afraid to tell anyone for fear of judgment. I started to hear them when my precious cat was killed by my dogs and I was grieving so horribly then I found the Rainbow Bridge by “accident” and I was able to communicate with Cassie immediately. Who knew she’d sound like a black woman and call me “shug” then as others crossed I could hear them as well including the dogs that killed her. They came through and expressed their sorrow at making me so sad. Now 20 years later I can communicate with the living furry friends. I’m also a magnet for energy vampires it’s really unfortunate because I want to help and I don’t like cutting people off but I have to. Anyway thanks for always giving me what I need when I need it. Love and light.
    Lisa Arnold

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi. How did you all of a sudden experience this gift. Can you elaborate more in depth and how did you get better at it. Maybe we could email instead and or talk on phone someday.

      Delete
    2. I need to talk to you about your abilities as well can we so how get together and learn much more from each other

      Delete
  3. What an amazing words. I just recognizer how much my energy was drained by my extremely needy exhusband. I spend 17 years of my life helping him and now I realised that he is only a weed that keeps taking. I left him 7 moths ago now and I've never been freer and happier.
    Words can't describe how accurate this site is.
    Thank you to all who makes this accessible to people across the world.
    Blessings from New Zealand. ♥️

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you from Eagan Minnesota USA. Since I was promoted by my sister to use this site. My phone dings for literally no reason after this Awakening. It's been an enlightening experience. I'm 48 and have had spirits in my life since a child but no one believed. I'm happy to know the Angels and Master Descendants are with me and helping me grow. ♥️ It's only been since June 4. I appreciate you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tammy,
      I seen your comment. I been on this path for awile. I could also hear, see, spirits when I was young. Not encourage to talk about it.I live up by the Iron Range in Minnesota (Aurora Mn)
      I use to live in the cities. It's hard to find like minded people. I just turn 53 in july.
      If like to keep in touch. That would be awsome. I love this site.I found it s couple of year's ago. Hope to hear from you. Candace

      Delete
    2. I have just realizing my angles and ancestor masters has been here with me all times im just learning about my self now

      Delete
  5. Thank you so much for all the amazing information that you share with all of us! Is really very helpful, there are not many reliable pages with information of the spiritual life. Since I discover the angel numbers and your page, I am wondering about how did you received all this beautiful information! Hopefully some day I will know from you, from someone around you, some team member... or from the divine! Thank you and all of the people that is involved! 🙏✨🙏✨🤗 Much Love and blessings! RUBETH Rizo Patron

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. This made me smile! I too am so thankful for finding this site and all the work Joanne has put in to make this information accessible to all. I consult the numbers and other blog posts almost daily as the angels and guides are pretty much shouting at me hourly (in the most loving way possible of course!). Born 11/5 at 5:11 with a birthday number adding up to 11, I always knew there was something "up" and it took the topsy turvyness of this year 2020 for me to finally (consciously) tap into it. My gratitude for the messages I've received via this site is immesurable. Thank you Joanne, and blessings to all.

      Delete
    2. I use it as part of my daily ritual as well! I’ve been amazed with how appropriate each days messages align with what is going on in my life at that time. I wish it was more accepted to stop and listen as part of our educational and societal systems. Joanne, heartfelt gratitude for being our translator and curator!

      Delete
  7. I am going through the Ascension Process! Currently, the symptoms that O experiencing is ITCHING-HIVES! It is driving me bananas! What can I do to alleviate this? I have taken Antihistamines and use Cortisone Creams! Nothing seems to help! How long does one suffer through this process?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm still in e process's ofknowing which side I am nd so far my journey is like a roller coaster I ve headaches constantly BT I do ve help from my angles nd ur sites are really helpful its soothing to know I'm not the only one who experience this amazing gift

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much! I so appreciate you! ❤️💕😍

    ReplyDelete
  10. To those who are experiencing symptoms that seems to be overwhelming during the Ascension process, you can actually ask your spirit guides to reduce the intensity of the symptoms, it works for me..

    ReplyDelete
  11. To those who are experiencing symptoms that seems to be overwhelming during the Ascension process, you can actually ask your spirit guides to reduce the intensity of the symptoms, it works for me..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so much !
    I am recognizing Joanne ( that I am just like you ) All the skills you have named here I have to own EMPATH ~ Psychic Abilities , I communicate with Angels & Have a special gift in knowning timing when someone will be transitioning ... I love caring fir Elderly ( Alzheimer’s & Dementia ) . May I contact you personal ?
    I’m Kimberly Grace’
    iamkgrace.writer@ Gmail.com

    ReplyDelete