Aug 12, 2009

Arguing With My Intuition

Busily planting daffodil bulbs in the newly turned earth I was rudely interrupted by a voice telling me to go back to the house.


I glanced over at the house wondered what it was all about, then went back to my bulb-planting.


Moving along to a new section of the garden, I again heard the words, “go to the house Jo”. I resisted, determined to plant my bulbs.


The voice became insistent and I became all the more intent on my chore, ignoring the growing urgency in the message. I stood up, turned and said out-loud that I would go back to the house when I’d finished, and not before.


I stopped pretty much mid-sentence and found myself looking at the house … just looking. All seemed fine … what was the urgency?


Without being fully aware of my actions, I found myself just about being physically frog-marched towards the house, still wondering what the drama was all about.


Opening the sliding door I was confronted by a wall of acrid smoke. The quilt drying on a rack near the fireplace had toppled over, falling directly onto the firebox. The synthetic fibres had melted and were on the verge of sparking flames.


I grabbed the quilt and threw it outside, still smouldering, and opened all the doors and windows to air out the house.


Disaster averted …
…. but had I not actually taken heed of the ‘messages’, eventhough I didn’t understand the meaning or reason at the time, I would have lost my house and everything in it.


The moral of the story is to ALWAYS LISTEN TO YOUR INTUITION.

*
Joanne Walmsley
Sacred Scribes


No comments:

Post a Comment